Monday, July 11, 2005

What utilities would you run off a USB drive?

I found an interesting article on digg discussing what are "must have" utilities to run off a usb drive. Now while I may be a Supreme Nerd God it had never occured to me to run programs directly off of the usb drive given the size of bloat in Windows software. For utilities I just loaded a core set of installables (CCleaner, FileZilla, ZoneAlarm, Spybot) and installed them on the system that needed them. So I took a look at the article and looked at some of the links and found some really cool stuff!

I cleaned off my old 128mb usb drive and this is what I have installed so far:

Simple file shredder to securely delete programs
PS Pad - freeware editor (It has an hex mode - I LOVE IT).
USB Disk Guard - file encryptor/decryptor that can run off the usb drive.
Filezilla - freeware ftp program.
TightVNC - vnc viewer program

Leaving all my utilities setup programs I still have 80 meg free. I will play around with some of the other utilities and if I like them I will add them to the list.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home