Tuesday, February 05, 2008

The laptop is dead - RIP


My HP laptop finally passed away yesterday. It was working good yesterday at lunch but when I tried it in the afternoon it would not start up. Fortunately I backed up the hard drive back in December so all I lost was a couple of months of photos (and the best of those were uploaded on fotki).

I am currently using Chris' laptop, she very graciously volunteered, and plan to get a new macbook pro as soon as the new model comes out in late Feburary/early March.

When I get a chance I will get a drive enclosure for the notebook and see if the hard still works. If it does I will get the photos that I did not save. If it does not work then odds are that was the only thing not working on it so I will get a new hard drive on ebay, install it and put linux on the laptop and let Lexi have that when I get my new macbook pro.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home