Thursday, March 09, 2006

This is what I think the average computer user will be using in the future

I found eyeOS on digg.com the other day and tried it out and its pretty cool. Basically eyeOS is a webbased operating system. So really all you need is the simplest, cheapest machine you can get your hands on to that can run a web browser and then surf to a server running EyeOS. They are even offering free logins to test the system out. Below is a pic of me using the eyeOS web browser to bring up my blog. Pretty interesting surfing the web using a browser in a browser.


While I admit its very crude right now it has enormous potential. This could be the running on a server in a house, school or business then all the indiiduals need is a cheap dumb terminal running a web browser. Then you can concentrate your efforts/resources on a fast/robust server and network instead of buying alot of powerful computers for everyone.

Like the title says, I don't think this is for everyone but for the average user who just surfs the web and checks email this may be what they will be using someday.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home