Wednesday, August 31, 2005

What gets a geeks blood running?

Games and Algorithms my friend. Games and Algorithms.

Sorry it's been so long since my last post - Evil Genius just hit the $20 bin. Its basically an updated version of Dungeon Keeper (Evil is good) but instead of being a monster building a dungeon you are a Evil Genius building an evil hideout on a island of undisclosed location. While you are building your lair you send your minions all over the globe stealing loot, plotting and doing evil acts of Infamy. I finally had to stop playing for a while because I would start playing the game around 8:30 look at the clock and it would be 11:30. So for now its a early morning/weekend game.

But what really seperates the geeks from the rest of the loser game addicts is not just a love of the game but of the hardware and software that run it. Good programming can make or break any software - or in ROMs and OSes it can ruin a good piece of Hardware.

I have always been interested in comparing different algorithms to see how they match (look to your right and check my geek score - nuff said). That's why I was facinated by this site that lets you compare different sorting algorithms against each other. Plus it has source code for all the sorts its using.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home